Coney Island

It’s like a New York version of Skegness. Just with more people with scary prison tattoos.

And if you like the beach, there’s a handy US Army recruitment station so you can sign up for some fun in the sand of Iraq…

July 25th, 2005 at 5:04 pm

6 Responses to 'Coney Island'

Subscribe to comments with RSS or TrackBack to 'Coney Island'.

1. Ah, Craig, you make me ashamed because I happen to live in the city all my life! One day I will have to act like a tourist and rediscover the magic of this place.

By the way, have you seen any of those big tourist groups with brightly colored t-shirts walking around in the city lately? I thought it was funny.

Take it easy for the next few days, it will be terribly hot! Too bad we can’t really call it the “Baked Apple” anymore because someone thought we ought to be known as “The World’s Second Home.” How about that?

Lisa

25 Jul 05 at 11:47 pm

2. can we see a picture of you looking hot and uncomfortable now?

Mark

26 Jul 05 at 12:19 am

3. Craig – I feel really bad here, having suggested you go to Coney. Maybe what I find fascinating and faded charm you found too like Skegness. Don’t let it put you off our other recommendations though. And do go to Other Music!

Ian Mac

26 Jul 05 at 12:19 pm

4. Lisa – I wouldn’t feel too bad, I was the same when I lived in London: didn’t go to any of the sights at all. The heat is, well, something I’ve never experienced before and my pale English skin just wasn’t ready for it!
    Dave – that’s me bending over to pick up my bait in the fishing photo, la’.
    Ian – worry not, I love Skegness! (honestly)

26 Jul 05 at 3:56 pm

5. It’s nice to see you’re still rockin’ the Nike high-tops. So did you catch any fish?

Thoroughly Amused

26 Jul 05 at 5:37 pm

6. No, too busy guzzling my enormo cup of lemonade.

26 Jul 05 at 10:32 pm