From Barcelona to Poland via Paris

I fancied doing some more, so I did. Ten new Minipops. I seem to be getting as diverse as possible at the moment. Usually I’d do, for example, an indie band, and then I’d see another indie band whilst looking for reference images and keep going down that road. But at the moment, I’ll do someone like Paris Hilton, then try and find someone who’s the complete opposite rather than just another worthless bint flaunting her wealth in a rather odious manner. Like someone with some talent; Ronaldinho, for example. Or someone who’s tried to change society for the better; like Lech Walesa.

So, yep: ten new ones. The three mentioned above, Coldplay, The Magic Numbers, Condoleezza Rice, the Dulux dog (those of you outside the UK probably won’t get that one), Frank Sidebottom (ditto; in fact, a lot of you inside the UK won’t get that either), famous-for-a-few-moments-in-1989 indie band Birdland, and His Imperial Majesty Emperor Haile Selassie I of Ethiopia.

Hope you like.

August 15th, 2005 at 4:46 pm

6 Responses to 'From Barcelona to Poland via Paris'

Subscribe to comments with RSS or TrackBack to 'From Barcelona to Poland via Paris'.

1. Hey there, I’ve been lurking for a while, and I was wondering if you might fancy doing Dave Matthews Band minipops?

Best,
    Sarah Bailey

Sarah Bailey

15 Aug 05 at 6:43 pm

2. Cool. I like very much. Frank Sidebottom is a bit b4 my time, but a quick google allowed me to appreciate it nonetheless :-)

It’s fun finding things to do on a nice day. I decided to dust of the piano and try and play something. I couldn’t, as it happens, but it was fun trying.

Ed

ed

15 Aug 05 at 9:20 pm

3. Sarah – I’ll add them to the list (ie. maybe I’ll do it one day, maybe not. Why lie to you?)
    Ed – Sidebottom’s perfect for your swanky hifi, fella.

15 Aug 05 at 10:52 pm

4. Where is Frank Sidebottom nowadays? The dude’s always freaked the crap outta me, frankly.

16 Aug 05 at 2:45 pm

5. Frank is alive and well and still performing. So, Paul, stay clear of the Buffalo Bar in London on 12th November.

Only got ‘Being for the Benefit of Mr Kite’ on the ‘Sgt Pepper knew my father’ LP but it’s great stuff none the less. ‘I’m in love with the girl on the Virgin Manchester megastore checkout desk’ is the best though.

George in Grasse

18 Aug 05 at 11:58 pm

6. “5.9.88″ is the album for me, that’s a cracker if you ever see it cheap.

19 Aug 05 at 12:50 am