Rain or shine

Aaah, I’m enjoying doing this stuff… Today on the FFF Pictorial Atlas there’s entries for Brunei, Comoros, Lesotho, Montserrat, Central African Republic, Switzerland and Serbia & Montenegro. There’s one thing in the Brunei entry that is such a good joke, but, sadly, it’s not one of mine: it’s a real actual proper fact. And apologies to the Swiss: I’m just muckin’ around, honest.
Today, for some reason, I’ve got Rain Or Shine by Five Star stuck in my head. Not heard that song for blooming ages, but I seem to remember most of the lyrics, especially the slightly odd lines, “Do I am love you/yes I do do”. I used to like them when I was a teenager. Got both the Luxury Of Life and Silk & Steel albums. And Doris was my favourite. She was lovely. If you don’t know what I’m talking about, it’s probably for the best.

February 4th, 2006 at 6:32 pm

7 Responses to 'Rain or shine'

Subscribe to comments with RSS or TrackBack to 'Rain or shine'.

1. Thankfully, we all love you doing it too.

I’ve not heard of five star, it was a bit pre-me. The first record I ever bought was, embarrasingly, Now 31 (or something like that) because it had ‘Ooh Ah, Just a little bit’ by something called Gina G on it. For a reason I’ve yet to understand, Dismemerment Plan’s ‘Memory Machine’ reminds me of it, even tho the two pieces have absolutelly nothing in common.

I did once see a boat called Booby, but I think it was unintentional.

ed

5 Feb 06 at 2:20 pm

2. Nice additions to the Atlas Craig!

I can remember being crazy about Pepsi and Shirlie at that time…
    Shame on me…

(If I’m remembering right they were the 80s version of Vicky Pollard)

frans theunisz

5 Feb 06 at 4:43 pm

3. try ohrwurming again from time to time – was always fun

Cheers

Alex

6 Feb 06 at 7:35 am

4. over the weekend I was sorting through some boxes that have been in the corner of my dining room since I moved into my house, three years ago. spookily enough I found my “5Star Folder” from more than 15 years ago, full of posters and pages ripped from Smash Hits (RIP) and Look-In. I was in love with Steadman at the time (have you seen him now though? *shudder*), and wanted Lorraine as my best friend!

I made the heartwrenching decision to dump it all in the recycling bag.

“cut me a heart on a tree and say it’s forever not a year and a day”

sal

6 Feb 06 at 8:40 pm

5. Steadman designed all the sparkly suits didnt he?

Cassie

7 Feb 06 at 12:17 am

6. Just a wee note (we say ‘wee’ in Scotland instead of small) to ask what is going on with the map of the UK? Scotland is about 5 times the size of how you have it.

I have enclosed an actual version of how it should look here.

Jamie

7 Feb 06 at 11:31 am

7. It’s. A. Joke.
    I would’ve thought that was obvious from the position of Wales on my map…

7 Feb 06 at 11:35 am