A bit of light blasphemy

I’m not sure how many of you can see the Quicktimes films I occasionally put up here cos they never seem to get as many comments as other stuff; either that or, 1. you can’t be bothered to look at them, or 2. you think they’re rubbish.
Anyway, another one today. This one is called On God’s Earth (14MB, Quicktime). It’s the director’s commentary on a film about our planet, by the Creator himself.

March 22nd, 2006 at 9:05 am

23 Responses to 'A bit of light blasphemy'

Subscribe to comments with RSS or TrackBack to 'A bit of light blasphemy'.

1. Dear Craig!

I guess that mabye a lot of us sit on computers at work and take little precious moments of our bee-like work day to sit and distract our worn minds with your fabulous musings…
    It is certainly my way of flipflopflying… there is one itch: my computer is in a well protected network (not allowing installation of program files) and I just cannot watch your clips (wchich bugs me no end) – so no comments there…
    By the time I’m homa and close to my beloved Mac, I spend my time wich my son and wife. I go back and have a look at the movies later (sometimes weeks) – and there is no use commenting then…

I’m not suggesting making the files also available for Microsoft Media Player (never give in)…
    I just wanted to explain…

Cheers

Alex

22 Mar 06 at 9:28 am

2. Thanks Alex. I just worry sometimes that, living in a Mac world, I might be making stuff that only 5% of you can see!

22 Mar 06 at 9:32 am

3. Well Craig, I have no problems seeing your stuff on my pc… On FFF or on other sites ;)

Is it god that hates the Dutch or Bertrand? I guess we had it coming…

I’ve always wanted to hear audio comments on this guy’s work. Quite shocking to find out the cinematographer is German though…
    “I suggest zyou do that again God, it’s not quite up to my DIN schtandards!”

22 Mar 06 at 10:43 am

4. It’s Dieter who hates the Dutch, but y’know, when it comes to football, the Dutch aren’t too keen on the Germans either, are you?

22 Mar 06 at 10:45 am

5. I think Rudi Völler can answer that question better than me…

22 Mar 06 at 10:51 am

6. Very wonderful stuff Craig, you are always good for a daily smile.

Impa

22 Mar 06 at 11:35 am

7. And on media players: I don’t have a Mac because it doesn’t support the software I need for work, but what’s wrong with downloading QuickTime Player to your PC? I must be missing something here.

Impa

22 Mar 06 at 11:38 am

8. Craig,

I thought that was tip, and might I add, top. Good show, and thanks for sharing.

The_Epicurean

22 Mar 06 at 12:33 pm

9. dear impa!

Nothing wrong with downloading quicktime players – if the network allows that – we live in high-security land at work – so no program is installed without going through a central IT check – paranoid guys, ain’t they?

Cheers

Alex

22 Mar 06 at 1:17 pm

10. Hi Alex,
    No, I understand that. I think my response rather followed Craig’s worries about only reaching 5% of people. The other 95% shouldn’t have to miss Craig’s works of wonder.
    Impa.

Impa

22 Mar 06 at 1:52 pm

11. Craig, have you remembered yet?

Impa

22 Mar 06 at 1:54 pm

12. No, I haven’t. It’s pretty annoying!

22 Mar 06 at 1:57 pm

13. As someone who regularly checks in to see what you’ve been up to, but never comments, I’d just say keep up the quicktime – even though I can’t look at the files due to similar work restrictions on quicktime on my PC, I’m a mac person at home and at heart, so just keep doing what you do. I invariably get a smile or a good link out of your stuff, so thanks!

andrew

22 Mar 06 at 4:32 pm

14. Mersey Derby – need I say anymore

The Jolly Brewer

22 Mar 06 at 6:44 pm

15. Not yet, you need’nt; you can save your congratulations ’til after Liverpool have won.

22 Mar 06 at 7:08 pm

16. Extra awesome video! Jesus, I had no idea you were so good at accents! And I don’t mean “Jesus” as in I’m calling you Jesus (God, etc.) , I mean it more like, “Wow.”

Maybe the thing you meant to remember was to do an homage to your dearly departed (not in that sense yet) friend, with whom you may just rock the house in NYC next month.

Jesus (see above), I should perhaps be writing you an actual direct E-mail, rather than blathering on and on in your blog comments space.

Aw, fuck it.

Derick

22 Mar 06 at 10:43 pm

17. Thanks, Del.
    I can do two accents: God and comedy German. You heard them both.
    I don’t think the thing I had to remember was that, cos I’ve more or less forgotten who you are.
    We should sort out tickets for Yankees vs Orioles, huh?
    See, you got me at it now; this should be an email…

23 Mar 06 at 12:06 am

18. QuickTime rocks.

That Bergkamp goal was the coolest. Me and my dad had a few goes at re-creating it on the beach in France that summer. We weren’t entirely successful, but it was well worth it.

25 Mar 06 at 8:25 pm

19. Haaa! Smiled from ear to ear and tried to keep the laughter inside since I’m in a huge office space.

Do not – even for a second – deprive us from those little beautiful movies. I need them. Especially since they have that low-key hilarious twist.

BTW, your voice is so sexy. =)

Elisabeth

27 Mar 06 at 3:57 pm

20. Ok, I meant the God-voice.

Elisabeth

27 Mar 06 at 3:58 pm

21. Paul – Yes, I think it’s a shame that it was kinda under-recognised as amazing in England cos of Owen’s goal grabbing the headlines.

Elisabeth – Why, thank you. I’ll pass on your compliments to God the next to I channel his voice.

27 Mar 06 at 4:37 pm

22. nice one! ha ha, the music has probably been very carefully chosen!

tap