Ee ay addio

Good FA Cup Final, eh?
Billy hates me watching football on telly, though. There he is, sat next to my feet trying to get my attention focused on the ball he wants to play with; and I’m watching a ball being played with on the telly. And then, when Steven Gerrard equalised to make it 2-2, and equalised again in the 90th minute – with one the best goals I’ve ever seen – to make it 3-3; well, Billy was off then, scampering into the other room to hide. He doesn’t enjoy me jumping up and down and screaming. I had to apologise and give him a biscuit after the penalty shoot out, as he looked thoroughly miserable, hiding underneath my desk wondering what had happened to me.
“We won the Cup, Billy!” I explained.
“Yeh, whatever,” he replied.

May 14th, 2006 at 1:29 pm

7 Responses to 'Ee ay addio'

Subscribe to comments with RSS or TrackBack to 'Ee ay addio'.

1. God, he looks fluffy and soft…
    A late comment on 7 years too: Thanks for all the smiles! Priceless.

Impa

14 May 06 at 1:58 pm

2. I was more tense than I thought possible. I was screwed up tight with my head propped up against the wall in the most uncomfortable way and with no idea how I got like that,dying for the loo and daring not to move in case I jinxed them. I said “Go on Pepe” just as each West Ham player took his run up (except the one who scored ..when I said it too early) and waved my flag to no one as we won.
    Eesh football….does strange things to a man.
    God Bless Liverpool FC…. :)

Lee

14 May 06 at 4:07 pm

3. Is that a special football shirt for dogs or what?

14 May 06 at 6:38 pm

4. Well, Billy Boy – let’s face it – you are the only sensible one in the family… ;)

Elisabeth

14 May 06 at 9:03 pm

5. Maybe Billy is a West Ham fan!

Stuart

15 May 06 at 9:54 am

6. And what self-respecting West Ham fan would wear a Liverpool shirt?

George in Grasse

15 May 06 at 10:46 pm

7. Impa: I put him in the washing machine just before I took the photo.
    Lee: After Istanbul last year, the penalties didn’t worry me too much. Just got the feeling that of the two teams, the more likely to be confident was LFC.
    Anon: Nope, it’s the shirt I had when I was a kid.

19 May 06 at 9:18 am