Help with a project about fizzy drinks

You may remember my rant about Coca Cola last week; getting annoyed with them pretending to be a Germany fan:

Well, I got an email from a fellow called Andy who lives in Argentina telling me that they’re doing something similar over there:

Apparently that says ‘this poster supports Argentina’ (although I do enjoy the Google translator version: this poster swells for Argentina).

Anyway, Andy and I would like to find out if Coca Cola are being fickle supporters in every nation involved in the World Cup. So, we need YOUR help.

If you live in one of the other thirty nations involved, and see a Coca Cola poster that is supporting your nation, please take a photo of it (preferably fairly hi-res, preferably not a camera phone picture), and email it to me (craig AT flipflopflyin DOT com) and I’ll make a page where we can see what sluts a soft drink company can be.

Sound like fun?

June 15th, 2006 at 12:26 pm

9 Responses to 'Help with a project about fizzy drinks'

Subscribe to comments with RSS or TrackBack to 'Help with a project about fizzy drinks'.

1. didn’t qualify – sorry…

Alex

15 Jun 06 at 12:36 pm

2. Which country is that, then, Alex?

15 Jun 06 at 12:40 pm

3. The UK Coke billboards that I have seen are “Love” written in the Coca-Cola script in red on white (like the St. George flag). Does this count?

Lance

15 Jun 06 at 1:18 pm

4. That counts. Anything that aligns itself with the nation counts.

15 Jun 06 at 1:26 pm

5. I’ll try and take a picture but for now this page has a link to a PDF of the “Coca-Cola Love England” poster

(and shouldn’t that be loves?)

Geoff

15 Jun 06 at 5:21 pm

6. The looser country is Austria…

But seeing England play (although winning) – I think we should have made it as well…

Cheers

Alex

15 Jun 06 at 11:48 pm

7. Great idea Craig; I’ll start my dutch/belgian search asap!

16 Jun 06 at 12:27 am

8. And you might also want to check out this article from the BBC who have also noticed fickleness amongst other large multinationals!http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/5049632.stm

Keep up the good work

SarahB

16 Jun 06 at 10:56 am

9. Yes, they are doing the same exact thing here in Mexico.
    Here we’ve got a campaign identical to that Argentinian with those silly hands and all. On the ”other hand”, Pepsi’s current campaign is one of the best I have seen in ages. It is at least an ntertaining one, rather than a scam. it brings the brand closer to consumers, while it’s catchy and clever.
    Pepsi used a very simple strategy, a rockband and a sticky song, being Molotov the rockstars and the song is their cover of Trio’s Da Da Da taken from Molotov’s last album.

On top of this, they have the top pf the Mexican selection on the ad, playing and singing with them, Rafa Marquez and the Mexican couch La Volpe on it!

PEPSI rocks. (are they doing something similar in your maket?)

imoan