Not about football

Any German speakers out there who can help me out? Here’s a van I saw recently with words on both sides. Letters are missing from both sides, too. I’m incredibly curious to find out what it is trying to spell out.

And here’s a kinda composite of where those letters would occur:

Any ideas, mein lieblings? Bitte! Ich braucht dein hilfen!

June 11th, 2006 at 10:44 pm

8 Responses to 'Not about football'

Subscribe to comments with RSS or TrackBack to 'Not about football'.

1. Das ist echt schwer!!! Maybe the first word is “Stanzung” which is the Substantiv of “stanzen” (blanking, pressing, punching). It would make sense as an advertisement for a company for “Stanzen”, “Prägen” usw.
    But I don’t know, what to do with that “A” at the end…
    Let me think…

franzi.

12 Jun 06 at 3:11 pm

2. … and the 3. word could be “Applikationsarbeiten”, which means “applications”. There not so many words ending with “-kation” (Applikation, Fraktion, Indikation, Publikation … know some more???!!!)
    “Applikationsarbeiten” would perfectly fit to “StanzungsARBEITEN” (the “A”!).

12 Jun 06 at 4:10 pm

3. Or “Stanzungsamt” (“amt” is for office)
    Sorry not to be able to help you further…

PS: ich brauche eure Hilfe

Cy-

13 Jun 06 at 8:33 am

4. I bet it is your own car where you randomly put letters on the windows just to bend our minds. Admit it.

Elisabeth

13 Jun 06 at 11:08 am

5. I’m glad it’s not just me being thick in not being able to work out what words are on there. Thanks for you help, leute.

13 Jun 06 at 4:41 pm

6. Sorry for my late comment here Craig; but I think I’ve got the answer:

It isn’t German after all; it’s southern Ungsa-Tungs dialect, the message, correctly spelled on the car of the U-T soccer team, roughly reads:

This is the official Ungsa Tungs van. Don’t scratch it.

13 Jun 06 at 7:02 pm

7. Is that true or are you messing with my head?

13 Jun 06 at 7:26 pm

8. It’s not true craig, Ungsa Tungs don’t play soccer. They’re more into chess.
    Sorry for messing with your head.

Could have been true though?!

14 Jun 06 at 9:27 am