Tajikistan, etc.

As I mentioned at the end of July, I’ve finished the writing part of the FFF Pictorial Atlas stuff I’ve been doing. I’m about two thirds of the way through doing the 100-ish illustrations now. It was a little bit strange last night when I was looking at the website and realised that I’d not actually put any atlas stuff online since May. So I rectified that today by adding eleven countries: Cape Verde, Cayman Is., Côte d’Ivoire, Guatemala, Macau, New Caledonia, Slovenia, Sudan, Svalbard, Tajikistan, and Tunisia.
And, for your information, the atlas will be pubished by an American publisher in autumn 2007. It’s likely to have a new, less boring name when it’s published, but what that new name will be, I have no idea yet.

Oh, and vaguely related to the idea of an atlas, you should check out Juliana’s wonderful website, Pocket Films for Travelers.

October 3rd, 2006 at 2:50 pm

10 Responses to 'Tajikistan, etc.'

Subscribe to comments with RSS or TrackBack to 'Tajikistan, etc.'.

1. Can’t wait Craig! Already enjoying this online version, but a paper version…

3 Oct 06 at 5:59 pm

2. Ooh, get you! Congratulations, that’s v exciting news.

How does one go about getting a publisher for a book idea anyway?

3. You have to blow the right people!

Really, though, once initial contact had been made, I had a series of emails, then a couple of meetings, then I had to deliver a significant amount of material to them so that they could make a decision.

4 Oct 06 at 1:23 pm

4. Hi Craig!

There’s still no Austria – we are collectively insulted…

Sulk

Alex

4 Oct 06 at 3:42 pm

5. Alex, you’ll be sad to know that Austria’s entry in the altas is only one sentence: Austria invented Mozart and fancy prancing horses and is shaped like a chicken drumstick.
    Sorry.

4 Oct 06 at 4:11 pm

6. What about Greece?

I hope we’ll be able to buy the book online!

Cheers

Eleni

4 Oct 06 at 9:26 pm

7. I can’t remember what I wrote about Greece. Probably something about bum sex.

5 Oct 06 at 2:07 am

8. forget Austria and Greece, everyone writes about Austria and Greece!!!!
    What about Latvia???? Please please, tell us what is there to know about my home country!!????

tap

6 Oct 06 at 9:49 am

9. Craig, I thought of ‘vaguely related’ , and looked up ‘correlation’ at thesaurus.com. Here’s some of the words in their list, starting from my favorites and ending with the ‘o’ words which I don’t even see as fitting: analogizing, connection, collation, collating, illustration, likening, paralleling, resemblance, similarity, observation, opposition.
    And believe me, check it for yourself, they were really there.
    What do you think?

Love you, E_J

9 Oct 06 at 4:36 pm

10. When I was about 10, I could accurately draw the outline of the whole world on a piece of A4 paper. My parents were so proud.

I had a go the other day, on a card to somebody I know who has just moved to Aus, and I’m still pretty good. I messed up around Turkey, though.

Matt Sephton