Flip Flop Flying podcast

Well, I gone and done it. I made a podcast. Yes, I caved in and fell into line with the online ranks. So, y’know, if you wanna hear me mumbling about the last couple of days rather than reading my writing about the last couple of days, then give it a listen. The sound quality probably won’t satisfy Steely Dan fans, and you might have to turn up the volume a bit, but you can, should you be fool enough to want such a thing, have me umm-ing and aah-ing right into your earholes.

I’ve not worked out how to put this on iTunes podcast directory, but seeing as though I have no idea if this will be a regular thing or not, it would probably be too presumptuous to try and do that anyway. So, if at all possible, enjoy it. Oh, and if the word “fuck” offends you, be aware that I’ve used it a couple of times.

Flip Flip Flying podcast 2008_03_22

March 22nd, 2008 at 5:44 pm

14 Responses to 'Flip Flop Flying podcast'

Subscribe to comments with RSS or TrackBack to 'Flip Flop Flying podcast'.

1. I very much enjoyed your podcast, but how did you get Julian Barratt to narrate it? hmmm.

Do you think you could start the next podcast with “hey, comin’ atcha, like a beam, like a laser”? I think you can

23 Mar 08 at 1:18 am

2. Thanks.

He’s from Leeds, though. We Lincs folks sound nothing like them up there. I think so, anyway…

23 Mar 08 at 2:16 am

3. You really do sound like Julian, or he sounds like you.

You have a lovely voice, don’t let this be the last one and try to get it on iTunes as I’m sure there are plenty of us who would download your thoughts.

That sounded a bit creepy.

Natalie

23 Mar 08 at 9:25 am

4. No beams, no lasers. He’s Craig Robinson. There’s a simple truth to him.

24 Mar 08 at 1:08 am

5. You really do sound like my neighbour. I’ve almost forgotten how much I loved his voice.
    Thanks for doing this.

24 Mar 08 at 9:14 am

6. Hey that was great! Really enjoyable randomness, especially the Do Not Disturb sign story. More please :-)

(PS One wee niggle: could you turn away from the microphone when you cough? Nearly popped my headphones…)

longbird

24 Mar 08 at 11:04 am

7. Thank you. I was able to work while checking your blog so i didn’t feel bad for the deadline approaching. Could you make drawings into podcatsts as well please?

elena

24 Mar 08 at 5:09 pm

8. I really like hearing your voice, it sounded much more, well, mature than I expected! It’s interesting how much more intimacy you allow us now on this trip of yours: self-portraits, and now your voice! Love it!

25 Mar 08 at 12:06 pm

9. Yep, I loved it too. You’ve got a lovely accent. I carried the laptop into the kitchen so I could listen to you while I was making coffee and it was really nice. More please.

Anne

25 Mar 08 at 7:53 pm

10. Sounded like a miffed Liverpool fan to me.

25 Mar 08 at 8:43 pm

11. Thank you all.

Natalie: I will try.
    Paul: Is that a Mighty Boosh reference?
    Anon: Was your neighbo(u)r from Lincoln, too?
    Longbird: sorry about the cough.
    Elena: Pod-drawings… interesting concept…
    Anon: Were you expecting me to sound like a kid’s TV presenter?
    Anne: Thank you. Your kind words will be spread amongst my fellow Yellow Bellies.
    Anon: Recorded before the game, otherwise it would’ve been 20 minutes of the word “motherfuckers…” over and over again.

26 Mar 08 at 3:03 am

12. Yes, my neighbour was from Lincoln. At least that was what he told me.

26 Mar 08 at 12:21 pm

13. You should be careful; we’re all terrible liars.

26 Mar 08 at 1:12 pm

14. Oh, I noticed that, but I was hooked from the first lie on.

26 Mar 08 at 1:39 pm