The 10th anniversary of Flip Flop Flyin’

That’s a rather self-absorbed way of saying thank you thank you thank you for visiting Flip Flop Flyin’ for the last ten years.

May 12th, 2009 at 12:01 am

26 Responses to 'The 10th anniversary of Flip Flop Flyin’'

Subscribe to comments with RSS or TrackBack to 'The 10th anniversary of Flip Flop Flyin’'.

1. Thank you, and you’re welcome! Here’s to the next 10 – congratulations!

Katrin

12 May 09 at 09:41

2. Woo! Thank YOU Craig :-)

By the way, have you shrunk? Just that your ten-years-ago self looks a couple of pixels taller to me, but maybe it’s just the hair vs. hat…

longbird

12 May 09 at 09:52

3. Thanks Katrin, thanks Longbird.

Yeh, the old me is one pixel taller. It’s the waxed-up bits of hair vs. the pulled-down-low Montreal Expos cap that does that.

12 May 09 at 10:24

4. Wow, I just realized I’ve been visiting FFF for 9 years.
    Happy birthday!!

alberto

12 May 09 at 10:26

5. Realizing you have been doing this for 10yrs makes me realize just how much time (and enjoyment) I spend looking at your stuff. I remember the marmite and ketchup jars!

I had my 10yr anniversary at work last year and got taken out for a very lovely lunch and given some very nice tokens to go and spend in Liberty, so I hope you take yourself out somewhere nice and buy yourself a nice present to celebrate!

CoCo

12 May 09 at 10:48

6. Congratulations – lovely tribute! I’ve been enjoying your site since i was about seventeen (24 now).

katie

12 May 09 at 12:33

7. Congratulations Craig! Still love switching on my computer and checking your blog. I really look forward to that moment!

Thanks,
    Väös

väös

12 May 09 at 12:55

8. Congratulations, quite an achievement. Been reading almost daily for more than 6 years and always puts a smile on my face. Here’s to another 10 years!x

12 May 09 at 14:19

9. Congratulations, Craig. Long time reader, very occasional commenter, keep it up with the great stuff!

Bill

12 May 09 at 14:27

10. Nice work, homeboy! Here’s to another 10, and the hope that you get as addicted to college basketball in the next few as you have to MLB in the last few.

Kisses,
    Derick

12 May 09 at 16:48

11. Only been reading since Belize, but I love you both. ~B~

~Barbara~

12 May 09 at 17:17

12. Been a great fan for 6 years now, since the tender age of 16! It’s amazing what you can find when you’re bored at work, and a friend sends you some excel quiz thing with lots of tiny drawings of famous people.
    I was pleased to find that flipflopflyin’ was a million times better than that quiz.
    You even inspired me to start my own blog, which I’m enjoying lots. So thanks Craig, my days just would be the same without this place!

Anna

12 May 09 at 17:37

13. Why thank you, sir, it’s been a real pleasure!

Leen

12 May 09 at 18:54

14. i check in most days, like your work very much.
    Although have wondered why it’s called flip flop…
    All the best.

Mike

12 May 09 at 19:40

15. Thank you all so kindly.

Mike: Here’s why.

12 May 09 at 19:49

16. Congrats, Craig. Viva Les Expos!

Dana C Constance

12 May 09 at 20:02

17. congratulations. here’s to as many more years as you desire!

ren

12 May 09 at 21:21

18. Congrats! yay for 10 years. this got me a little choked up…. kind of Star Trek-y… have you seen it (the new movie)?

yuko

12 May 09 at 22:13

19. Congratulations, Craig.

Only you and Amazon have held on to the prized Bookmarks Toolbar position on my desktop since day one.

I think that *sniff, sniff* says something…

Stephen Jackson

13 May 09 at 09:26

20. 10 years. Fuck. I’ve been keeping up for 8 or 9 I reckon, when I first saw a really short animation of a screaming singer on your website.

I lost my job a few months ago because of the shitting credit crunch but your blog, website, life in general I guess is something thats got me thinking about my next steps.

I guess I want to do something interesting. That is all.

Chris.

Chris, Brighton

13 May 09 at 12:32

21. Congratulations!

The first thing I clearly remember reading was the Orhwurm re-creation of Seven Nation Army plus The Golden Path (pleeease forgive me.. Iiiii never meant to hurt yoooo… DUNN DUH DUN DUN DUN DUUHHNN DUHHNNN). I looked it up & that was posted November 03, although I reckon I was reading a few months before that.

Also, it was your influence that led me to store my CDs in chromatic order. It's a system that visitors notice, immediately.

Heather

13 May 09 at 14:09

22. Thanks, y’all.

Yuko: Not seen it. Don’t really intend to unless the wife plays here “I went to see a band I didn’t like so you’ve got to come to this” card, but I doubt she’ll waste that card going to the cinema.

Stephen: Glad to be hanging on in there!

Chris: Blimey, is that the Golf Buddies video for “I’m Feeling Fine Now”?

Heather: I still sing “The Golden Path” over the top of the guitars whenever “Seven Nation Army” is playing.

13 May 09 at 18:30

23. Yep, that’s the one.

Chris.

Chris, Brighton

15 May 09 at 11:33

24. is it only ten years? it was up while we were living together wasn’t it? i thought that i’d been in brighton for 10.5 years now.

well done. i think you can say with some certainty that you’ve found your medium as an artist.

internet superstar.

james william kendall of lincolnshire

17 May 09 at 02:31

25. Great stuff, but still I’m waiting for a Lance Armstrong minipop.

19 May 09 at 12:41

26. I like that little conversation there.
    Congratulations and here’s to ten more years.
    Hip, hip, hurray!