Thoroughfare watch

Sometimes, things are so big you don’t notice them. I’ve walked the same route to the bus stop many times, and until yesterday, I’d never noticed something that I walk across every single time. A huge cock on the road.

And while we’re on the topic of cocks on public thoroughfares:

As someone who likes riding a bicycle, I hate it when other cyclists do stupid things that afford motorists the opportunity to deprecate us. Cycling on the pavement is one of those. Riding in a dangerous-looking manner is another (even if you the cyclist think you’re riding safe, if you don’t look safe, everyone hates you). This dude smiled at me as he passed me on the pavement, like, “Yep, I know, I’m the wackiest dude you’ve seen all day LOL!” You’re riding a unicycle as big as a penny farthing! That’s circus stuff, buddy, not public highway stuff. Anyway, I smiled back, whipped out my camera, and sneakily blogged about it a couple of days later.

May 13th, 2009 at 4:17 pm

7 Responses to 'Thoroughfare watch'

Subscribe to comments with RSS or TrackBack to 'Thoroughfare watch'.

1. Due to the lovely additional lines and dots that so define the scrotum I initially suspected your hand in this work. However, the asymmetrical proximity of manhole to glans led me to believe otherwise. Which of course begs the question, which came first the giant cock or the manhole?

k

~Barbara~

14 May 09 at 2:54 am

2. Love your analysis there, daddio. You know me well…

14 May 09 at 4:20 am

3. Why on earth would anyone wear what looks to be quite a heavy backpack on a unicycle? Surely that plays havoc with your balance…

Anna

14 May 09 at 11:13 am

4. I saw someone in Brighton unicycling to work. Is there anything more pointless than unicycling?

I also saw someone in Brighton juggling whilst cycling. Is there anything more pointless than juggling?

5. Oh my goodness! Spd’s and licra! He doesn’t look like hes off on a trail ride!

Luke Weyman

14 May 09 at 6:22 pm

6. OMG did an irate unicyclist leave a rude comment?

The thing I hate about cyclists (I cycle too btw. Well, I have been known to) is how so many of them treat pedestrians exactly the way drivers treat them, and yet they still expect sympathy when they get bullied by car drivers

Mark

14 May 09 at 6:54 pm

7. "Yep, I know, I'm the wackiest dude you've seen all day …"

Thanks for the complement.

bungeejoe