(You Gotta) Fight for Your Right (To Party!)

This is an idea that has been floating around in my head for a few months, and for obvious reasons, I got around to realising it this weekend.

Each dot represents one word of the song. The colours represent who is saying that word.

Sometimes, I’m asked if there are prints of my work available; I don’t normally do that sort of thing, but on the off-chance that you would like a print of this graphic, I’m providing a hi-res TIFF (254 x 321 mm / 10 x 12.6 inches; zipped file; 18.1MB) that you can download and have printed.

You don’t have to pay for it—-I certainly don’t want to profit from it-—but if you do want to download and print it, it would be nice if you would consider donating something to a cancer charity.

Here are some links to cancer charities in different countries.
If your home country is not listed, and you want to donate, just do some Googlin’,
and do it that way (and if you do do that, please email me (craig AT flipflopflyin DOT com)
and let me know which charity you used, and I can add it to the list.)

Canada: cancer.ca
Germany: kinderkrebsstiftung.de
Mexico: amlcc.org
UK: cancerresearchuk.org
USA: cancer.org

Here’s the Mediafire link to the hi-res file: fightforyourright.zip

May 8th, 2012 at 3:29 pm

12 Responses to '(You Gotta) Fight for Your Right (To Party!)'

Subscribe to comments with RSS or TrackBack to '(You Gotta) Fight for Your Right (To Party!)'.

1. This is absolutely wonderful! I’ve worked in oncology for years, and have met some of the most beautiful and most brave people in their fight to beat cancer. This is a really nice representation of MCA’s voice. Thank you!

Carolyn

8 May 12 at 6:46 pm

2. I cannot thank you enough for doing this. What an amazingly selfless idea. I will definitely be getting one -I’ve also let all my friends know. Thanks again….

Ally

9 May 12 at 1:57 am

3. Great visual representation!

I really liked the green/blue dot detail. :D

4. Great idea, image and sentiment re recommended donations. Big up!

RIP MCA

Ben

9 May 12 at 8:16 am

5. Brilliant. Will be downloading and donating for sure. Thank you!

Natalie

9 May 12 at 11:11 am

6. This is brilliant. I am downloading and ordering prints and will be donating as well.

Mary

9 May 12 at 5:04 pm

7. Great idea.

Since 20 years I’m a big Beastie Boys fan and I was realy shocked about MCA’s death.

I donwnloaded the poster and just donated €10 to the „Deutsche Kinderkrebs Stiftung“ (www.kinderkrebsstiftung.de). It is the german cancer charity for children.

Anna

10 May 12 at 7:40 am

8. This is like the lyric insert inside Hot Sauce Committee Part 2! The whole album is color-coded by singer. Of course, it’s words in the insert, not dots. :) This is very cool, and much nicer to look at. Thanks for providing the high-res link.

Bruce

11 May 12 at 7:57 am

9. I did not know that. That’s what happens when you don’t buy hard copies of music any more.

11 May 12 at 9:32 am

10. Nice one Centurion x

Mark

11 May 12 at 11:42 am

11. You are a good person.
    My Mother in Law lost her battle with cancer this morning.
    Artwork downloaded, donation sent.
    Big love x

Matt Smith

14 May 12 at 5:16 am

12. Wonderful sentiment, wonderful piece of art and a fantastic tribute to an amazing artist. Thank You

Enda O'Gara